Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Monday 4 May 2015

Keep your Her-on!

Popped to my local RSPB reserve for a couple of hours this morning, Greylake in Somerset, UK.
  It was rather busy. The weather was mostly cloudy, but it was dry, which was a pleasant surprise!
 Of course I took my camera, but I made the big mistake of not checking my settings and as a result most of my pictures weren't great!
   Luckily a Heron flew close by and landed in a pond nearby, allowing me some half decent pics!











^Above^ - The Heron!

I heard a Bittern booming here for the first time, which is just fantastic!
  Also saw Redshank, Curlew, Lapwing, Marsh Harrier, Hobby, Kestrel, Blackcap, Cetti's Warbler, Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler and a host of common birds.
  Love this place!
 Below are some pics I did manage to get, despite my poor camera settings!


^Above^ - Curlew


^Above^ - Mute Swan.






^Above^ - Reed Buntings.


^Above^ - Kestrel.

































^Above^ - Sedge Warbler.







^Above^ - Robin.



^Above^ - RSPB Greylake!


No comments:

Post a Comment