Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Blue Tits on a twig, cute Lambs, pooing Buzzards and the quest for the 'Perfect bird shot'!!

This week I found myself in RSPB Greylake car park a couple of times again.
  I didn't have much time so didn't venture to the hides, instead I watched and photographed the little birds attracted to the feeders. I've done this countless times, and I started asking myself 'why'?
   Surely there's only so many 'Blue Tits on a twig' shots you can take?!
Firstly, I get so much pleasure photographing birds. I was a birdwatcher before I was a bird photographer. The advent of digital photography took my hobby into a new exciting territory, now I could capture and record what I see, and this blog has become my nature diary!
  Secondly, as with most nature photographers, I'm constantly striving for the 'perfect shot'.
I wouldn't know how to describe what this shot would look like, or what would set it apart from my other shots, but I'd know it once I'd taken it!!
  And then, I'd try and better it!
It's this constant striving to improve which drives me.
   Again, I don't have much free time to pursue my hobby, unlike many of the bird photographers I meet whilst out and about, so this limits my chances of getting great shots. So I try and make up for it by clicking away like a madman when I do get a spare half an hour!
   In the car park this week I met Jerry Hawker and Nick Stacey, both trying to get the 'perfect bird shot' too! It's an affliction we all share!
   However, some take it too far with unnecessary competitiveness and on occassion rudeness and even abuse, as Nick unfortunately suffered when he carried out the terrible crime of going to the boot of his car to get his camera out and temporarily disturbing the birds some guy was trying to photograph!
  Hey. It's a car park. By it's very nature, people have to open doors and boots and shut them again!
  The birds soon return. They're used to it! No need to swear and be abusive to people for using a car park in the way it was intended!
   The birds in the car park are a bonus!

Anyway, here are loads of shots of Blue Tits on a twig..... plus some Robins, Dunnocks, Great Tits, Starlings, Chaffinches, Greenfinces, Reed Buntings etc etc...

Oh yes, plus a few pics from brief visits to Backwell Lake and Sutton Bingham Reservoir, some cute lambs and a pooing Buzzard....;

Blue Tit























Blue Tits




^Above^ - Loads of Blue Tits on twigs!

Great Tit



^Above^ - Great Tits.










Reed Bunting








^Above^ - Male and Female Reed Buntings.

Chiffchaff

^Above^ - Chiffchaff.


Dunnock


^Above^ - Dunnock.






Robin









^Above^ - Robin.

Chaffinch







^Above^ - Chaffinches.



Greenfinch

^Above^ - Greenfinch.

Singing Starling









Starling in flight



^Above^ - Starlings.





^Above^ - Cormorants at Sutton Bingham Reservoir near Yeovil in Somerset.


^Above^ - Grey Wagtail at Sutton Bingham.

Mallard in flight

^Above^ - Female Mallard at Sutton Bingham.


^Above^ - Carrion Crow at Sutton Bingham.


^Above^ - Green Woodpecker near Burtle in Somerset.


^Above^ - Female Kestrel near Burtle.



Buzzard poo

^Above^ - Buzzard spectacularly answering the call of nature!




^Above^ - Buzzards near Martock in Somerset.

Tufted Duck



^Above^ - Male Tufted Duck at Backwell Lake, North Somerset.


^Above^ - Diving female Tufted Duck at Backwell Lake.

Mute Swan

^Above^ - Mute Swan at Backwell Lake.

Mallard

^Above^ - Male Mallard at Backwell Lake.

Coot running on water



^Above^ - Coot running on water at Backwell Lake.

Canada Goose


^Above^ - Canada Geese at Backwell Lake.

Black Headed Gull.



^Above^ - Black Headed Gulls at Backwell Lake.

Common Gull

^Above^ - Common Gull at Backwell Lake. Thrilled to see this, they're not common at all!

House Sparrow

^Above^ - Female House Sparrow at Middlezoy in Somerset.




Lamb

^Above^ - Lambs at Bason Bridge In Somerset. The bottom one tried to hurdle a low branch and got stuck! She soon freed herself though.

If you're on Facebook, please 'like' my nature page here;

https://www.facebook.com/CarlBovisNaturePhotography/

Until next time, I'm off out to try and get the 'Perfect bird shot'.... wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment