Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday 12 June 2016

Poppies, cute cygnets and an attempt at macro photography!

One good thing about the month of June is the appearance of gorgeous fluffy bundles of cuteness called Cygnets! They have long been one of my favourite photographic subjects!
   I came across a Mute Swan family at RSPB Greylake in Somerset a few days ago so managed to get my Cygnet fix!
  Another of my fave photographic subjects are wild red Poppies, and again June is the month they start to appear in a few places around Somerset. I stopped at Westonzoyland Airfied  to snap some amongst the wheat/barley fields!
    I recently took delivery of a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 OS macro lens! I'd never tried macro photography before so attached it to my Nikon D7000 and went into my garden to try it out!
   It's a totally different kettle of fish to the long zooms that I'm used to! The focusing has to be spot on as there's such a narrow depth of field! I will keep at it.....macro lenses make you look at the natural world in a totally different way!

 Here are some pics from the last 10 days;

Cute Cygnet





















^Above^ - Cute Cygnets at RSPB Greylake.

Poppies













^Above^ - Poppies on Westonzoyland Airfield, Somerset.



^Above^ - Young Swallow at Westonzoyland.



^Above^ - Reed Warblers at RSPB Greylake.



^Above^ - Female Marsh Harrier being mobbed by a Lapwing at Greylake.


^Above^ - Robin at RSPB Greylake.


^Above^ - 'Can you speak up please'..... Mute Swan having a scratch at Greylake.


^Above^ - Grey Heron at Greylake.



^Above^ - Young Dunnock at Greylake.




^Above^ - Male Reed Bunting opposite my work yard in Bridgwater, Somerset!


^Above^ - Swift at RSPB Greylake.



^Above^ - Female Blackbird at my Bridgwater work yard.


^Above^ - Pink Rose in my home Somerset village.



































^Above^ - A collection of macro shots in my garden with my new Sigma macro lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment