Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday 7 August 2016

Summer walk in my Somerset village, Blackcap, Swallows, Painted lady and others for company!

Yesterday afternoon was sunny and hot!
  I decided not to go to any nature reserves, I just grabbed my camera and went for a walk in my Somerset village, walking no further than 600metres from my house!
The pictures I captured prove that you don't have to go far to see and appreciate nature....it's all around you!!
  Go out and enjoy it! :)

Below are some of the photo's from my little trek;













^Above^ - Swallows! So hard to photograph in flight!!!!





^Above^ - Male Blackcap.






^Above^ - Blackbirds.


^Above^ - Buzzard.



^Above^ - Young Carrion Crow.


^Above^ - Grey Heron.



^Above^ - Sand Martins.










^Above^ - House Sparrows.


^Above^ - Rook.



^Above^ - Woodpigeons.




^Above^ - Herring Gulls. (Bottom may be a Lesser Black Back or Herring Gull juvenile!)


^Above^ - Collared Dove.


^Above^ - Rabbit. Unfortunately, seems to be suffering with Myxomatosis.









^Above^ - Painted Lady butterfly....the first I've seen this year!



^Above^ - Small Tortoiseshell butterfly.



^Above^ - Gatekeeper butterflies.







^Above^ - White Butterflies.


^Above^ - Dragonfly in flight!


^Above^ - Cows were finding it hot!


^Above^ - Fly on Ragwort.


^Above^ - Pretty flower growing on a wall, don't know what it's called!




^Above^ - Bee on Thistle!


^Above^ - Finally, this big metal bird went overhead!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment