Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Thursday 16 February 2017

Scaup, Common Scoter, Great Spotted Woodpeckers and posing Robins!

Apart from my recent Black Redstart post, it's been a couple of weeks since my last photos and sightings round-up here.
   I am now up to 96 species on my 'Year List', many of which I have photographed.
My photographic year list is HERE
   Species added in the last couple of weeks include Scaup and Common Scoter, seen at Chew Valley Lake in North Somerset, and Stock Dove and Yellowhammer at a secret location near Westonzoyland.
  Yesterday I finally added Linnet to the list, along with Rock Pipit. These were seen during a rather pleasant family day at at Charmouth beach in Dorset. Whilst my daughters searched for fossils, this old fossil searched for birds to photograph!!
   On monday I visited RSPB Ham Wall. This reserve never lets you down. There were plenty of birds about! However it was a very windy day so a lot of the smaller ones stayed hidden in the bushes, apart from a very confiding Robin at the 1st viewing platform. It begged me to photograph it, and as always, I duly obliged!
  A Robin in song at Chew Valley Lake also posed nicely! :)

Below are a collection of photo's from the last couple of weeks;




















^Above^ - The posing windswept Robin at RSPB Ham Wall.



^Above^ - Female Marsh Harrier at Ham Wall.







^Above^ - Gadwall at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Little Egret at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gull at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Great Crested Grebe at Ham Wall.




^Above^ - Shoveler at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Tufted Duck at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Mute Swan with a Cormorant in the background at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Pochard with what looks like some kind of root-bulb!


^Above^ - Coots having a scrap at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Canada Geese at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Chiffchaff in the Catkins at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Flock of Snipe at Ham Wall.








^Above^ - Redwings and Fieldfares near Westonzoyland. (Redwing top pic, Fieldfare bottom pic)



^Above^ - Scaup at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Distant Common Scoter at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Goldeneyes at Chew Valley Lake..... with a Black Headed Gull.


^Above^ - Cormorant at Chew Valley Lake.




^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gulls at Chew Valley Lake.



^Above^ - Black Headed Gulls at Chew Valley Lake.



^Above^ - Common Gull at Chew Valley Lake.








^Above^ - Mallards at Chew Valley Lake.




^Above^ - Mute Swans at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Singing Reed Bunting at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Dunnock at Chew Valley Lake.








^Above^ - Singing Robin at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Diving Tufted Duck at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Heron at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Greylag Goose near Westhay Moor in Somerset.



^Above^ - Kestrel near Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Male Pheasant near Middlezoy in Somerset.


^Above^ - Heron near Middlezoy.


^Above^ - Yellowhammer at a secret location on the Somerset Levels.


^Above^ - Stock Dove at the secret location.






^Above^ - Great Spotted Woodpecker at the secret location.


^Above^ - Yawning Herring Gull near Westonzoyland.


^Above^ - Black Redstart at Brean Down. (See my previous blog post!)








^Above^ - Rock Pipits at Charmouth in Dorset.





^Above^ - Pied Wagtails at Charmouth.



^Above^ - Woodpigeon at Charmouth.


^Above^ - Linnet at Charmouth.









^Above^ - Mallards being Mallards at Charmouth.








^Above^ - House Sparrows in the reeds at Charmouth.





^Above^ - Dunnocks at Charmouth.






^Above^ - Herring Gulls at Charmouth.




^Above^ - Carrion Crow at Charmouth.







^Above^ - Black Headed Gulls at Charmouth.


^Above^ - Charmouth beach and cliffs.





^Above^ - Great Spotted Woodpecker in my Somerset garden....warning off a Starling in bottom pic!






^Above^ - Female Blackcap in my Somerset garden.





^Above^ - Goldfinches in my Somerset garden.


^Above^ - Woodpigeon in my Somerset garden.



^Above^ - Long Tailed Tit in my garden.







^Above^ - Blackbirds in my garden.




^Above^ - Collared Doves in my garden.


^Above^ - Robin in my garden.


^Above^ - Rat in my garden!


^Above^ - Great White Egret with 5 Little Egrets at Stathe in Somerset.



^Above^ - Finally something a little different, taken in my garden (Above) and front room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment